[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Championship pins - YOU ONLY HAVE TO REQUEST THEM

  • From: "Pam Stoesser" <pkstoesser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>, <Leashlady1@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 08:15:51 -0500

Information on this program is available on page 52 of the new membership
handbook just sent out.  At www.gsdca.org you click on "Forms" and then
"Championship and Performance Awards". We have sent out 181 of these pins and
certficates this year.
There has been information on this program put on this list every year since
2001 and full information is available at the Business Meeting at the National.
 The awards recognized, along with the requirements, are listed below.  (The
agility titles listed below also include the FAST titles.)

If you are a GSDCA member and have received a title within the 6 months, all
you need to do is request the pin(s) or certificate(s).

You may send an email to pkstoesser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with your name and address,
your dog's name and AKC number, the title you received and the date it
completed the title (within the last year).  If you wish to send a copy of the
certificate via snail mail, you may but it isn't necessary as the AKC makes it
easy to look up the titles.

If you are requesting a Working Dog title, you do have to mail the information
including the scorebooks since that information currently is not readily
available online.

Pam Stoesser

PINS, MEDALS, CERTIFICATES

PINS (AKC Title): One gold Champion pin and certificate from the GSDCA is
awarded to each Champion of Record, to those member-owners who contact the
Title Awards chairperson with proof of title.

Replacement and Purchase of Title Pins: The cost of replacement Title Pins is
$10.00.  Co-owners who are members may purchase additional pins for $10.00 each
($20.00 for each additional co-owner member silver medallion).

Recognized Titles (Must be requested within 6 months of finishing title):

      Obedience Titles

     (All pins include Certificates)

      Companion Dog
     CD
     Certificate only

      Companion Dog Excellent
     CDX
     Bronze pin

      Utility Dog
     UD
     Silver pin

      Utility Dog Excellent
     UDX
     Gold pin

      Obedience Trial Champion
     OTCh
     Silver medallion

      Herding Titles

      Herding Instinct (at National Specialty)

     Certificate only

      Pre-Trial Tested
     PT
     Certificate only

      Herding Tested
     HT
     Certificate only

      Herding Started
     HS
     Bronze pin

      Herding Intermediate
     HI
     Silver pin

      Herding Excellent
     HX
     Gold pin

      Herding Champion
     HCh
     Silver medallion

      Tracking Titles

      Tracking Dog
     TD
     Silver pin

      Tracking Dog Excellent
     TDX, FH1
     Gold pin

      Variable Surface Tracking/Ch Tracker
     VST, FH2, CT
     Silver medallion

      Agility Titles

      Novice Agility
     NA, NAJ, NAP, NJP
     Certificate only

      Open Agility
     OA, OAJ, OP, OJP
     Bronze pin

      Excellent Agility
     AX, AXJ, AXP, AJP
     Silver pin

      Master Excellent Agility
     MX, MXJ, MXP, MJP
     Gold pin

      Master Agility Champion
     MACH
     Silver medallion

      Companion Dog Titles

      Versatile Companion Dog I
     VCD1
     Certificate only

      Versatile Companion Dog II
     VCD2
     Bronze pin

      Versatile Companion Dog III
     VCD3
     Silver pin

      Versatile Companion Dog I
     VCD4
     Gold pin

      Versatile Companion Dog Champion
     VCCH
     Silver medallion

      Rally Titles

      Rally Novice
     RN
     Certificate only

      Rally Advanced
     RA
     Bronze pin

      Rally Excellent
     RE
     Silver pin

      Rally Advanced Excellent
     RAE
     Gold pin

      Schutzhund (Working Dog) Titles

      Schutzhund I
     SchH I, IPO1
     Bronze pin

      Schutzhund II
     SchH II, IPO2
     Silver pin

      Schutzhund III
     SchH III, IPO3
     Gold pin

      Advanced Tracking
     FH1
     Gold pin

      Advanced Variable Surface Tracking
     FH2
     Silver medallion

Breeder's Pin:  A free Breeder's Pin is awarded, once only, to breeder-members
of a Champion of Record.  Breeder's medals require a copy of the dog's
registration along with proof of the championship title.  Member co-breeders
may purchase a Breeder's pin, once only, for $20.00.  Replacement Breeder's
pins are also $20.00.