[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Centex KC in Waco organizing protest rally

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 19:16:07 -0700

Now THAT is a club being ACTIVE!!!   And I bet they stay active and
get IN FRONT OF the next incursion of the Animal Rights Group trying
to run their town!

Stormy

On Jun 30, 2010, at 7:03 PM, Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx wrote:

TX-RPOA E-News
> From RPOA Texas Outreach and
Responsible Pet Owners  Alliance
"Animal welfare, not animal 'rights'
and, yes, there is a  difference."
Permission granted to crosspost.
June 30, 2010
Centex  Kennel Club in Waco has organized opposition to Mandatory Pet
Spay/Neuter  and the Intact Animal Permit that will be voted on next
Tuesday.
They need  your help. A "Protest Rally" is being held at 9:00 AM
Saturday
morning in  front of the Waco City Hall. They need a big turnout at the
Rally Saturday  and for the vote by City Council next Tuesday. If you
can
help, contact  Tina
_tina.b.patterson@xxxxxxxx (mailto:tina.b.patterson@xxxxxxx)  or call on
her cell phone: 254-749-5404.
More information at URL:
_http://wacoteaparty.blogspot.com/2010/06/tea-party-has-gone-to-dogs-and-cat
s-in.html_
(http://wacoteaparty.blogspot.com/2010/06/tea-party-has-gone-to-dogs-and-cats-in.html

)

Tina  writes:
Hey everyone!
See what is going on in Waco. We are NOT going down  without a FIGHT!!!
Click
the weblink.

There's a lot more happening to  fight this, such as a "call-in radio
show
discuss this issue coming up,  hosted by us in the club." If you are
interested in what is happening and/or  want to help out, please email
me
and
I will make sure you get the updates.  Even though you may live out of
town
and do not receive our radio program,  you are still encouraged to
call in
the radio station during the program  to voice an opposition to
mandatory
spay neuter programs in our dogs. PETA  people are behind all this. They
had
their people at the previous council  meeting and they spoke very
harshly
against breeders and all that we do.  They lumped us all in together
with
"irresponsible puppy mill  breeders".

The city council has been working with the shelter and PETA  for months
preparing all this without any of us knowing about it. They had
intended
"pass this ordinance" secretly and without opposition. I found  out what
was
going on 45 minutes prior to the first meeting of the council  on the
subject. I called everyone I knew and 3 of us were there for the  first
meeting at 3 pm. The vote was to be at 6 pm. By that time we had
recruited
10 people to talk in opposition; but due to no notice, none of us  were
prepared (or dressed appropriately); but we all issued a "passionate
plea".
However, we have been working endlessly for the past two weeks, and
we are
amazed at the help we are receiving to fight this. This time we will  be
armed with TONS of facts and statistics to counter their arguments!
We  may
not win; but we won't go down without a fight! And I really don't think
any
of them are expecting all this. Pray for us. Root for us.
Spread the  word. And please help us in any way you can.
Ways you can help:
Send  emails and letters to the councilmen and mayor.
Call into the radio program  with your objections and examples of what
"has
not worked in the city where  you live".
Those that are able to do so, come attend the meeting and testify  at
the
meeting of what does not work where you are from, etc.
Anything  else you can think of would be greatly appreciated!