[ SHOWGSD-L ] Centennial and Press Release

  • From: "Nancy Harper Mulvaney " <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 11:29:28 -0500

One day at a dog show in the East, Board Member, Dean Wylie and his daughter

Trish,  took time to help  a new exhibitor and his daughter at one of their

first shows.   As it turned out,  the new exhibitor, Allen Schaeffer, is
involved in

Public Relations.

Allen learned  about the Centennial Events scheduled for  Oct of 2013.
Allen's email

was sent  to me and contact was made.  Since that time, Allen has been

approved  as a Centennial committee member.

Allen submitted a detailed "draft" to us outlining  concepts for

PROMOTING  THE GSD & the events of 2013.  As a result of Allen's hard work &
dedication

our first "PRESS RELEASE" hit one of the papers in NY today!  (Will try to

Forward).

As some of you may know, David Frei, Westminster spokesperson, has

graciously OFFERED HIS TIME and will be Master of Ceremony at the

GALA HONOR CEREMONY to be held on Friday night Oct 11, 2013.

The Gala Ceremony will honor and pay tribute to

MWD, SAR, Law Enforcement, Seeing Eye etc.  Key Note Speaker

Is Dr. Cynthia Otto, U of PA Vet School, and head of Working Dog Program.

 The GSDCA will host a reception prior to the Ceremony.  Watch the Review
for details.

Did you know the original founding members formed the Club during

Westminster?

We are so grateful to the many members of the GSDCA who have

supported the Centennial with their donations.  We have built a Centennial

"war chest" on gifts from  $25.00 up.  The amount is not important, it is
the

support of the membership that counts.  All donors names(not amounts)

 will be listed in the Honor Ceremony Program.

The GSDCA Charitable Trust was established last year and is a501 C 3  tax
deductable Trust.   As of this

information the Trust has raised over 30K. One of our primary  goals for the
Centennial is to

promote the  GS Dog and the wonderful attributes of the breed.

A significant  way to "fight" anti-dog legislation;   all US citizens
benefit, in one way

or another,  from the Military, Search & Rescue, Law Enforcement etc.

As one top Advertising Executive stated,

"the most effective advertising remains, word of mouth".

As a GS lover,  remember to promote the Breed.