[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Canadian standard/GSD Standard

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "The List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 19:25:54 -0400

I don't believe good movement is up to the individual.
One country may ask for a different style of moving, but here on this
continent, at least in the show ring, we seem to pretty much agree on what's
wanted.... and yes, a lot of our dogs are taught to hammer on no matter
what....
a free and easy, floating gait is beautiful to watch...we just don't get to
see it too often.
   But shoulders that never open are as bad as hocks that don't
open.......sadly, most people never understand that.
Lifting is terribly offensive...and yet, it's so common that there are times
we forgive it....all of us, even those of us who see it.   On the other
hand, some people never see it.

BTW - terriers should have well-laid back shoulders...what makes a terrier
front is the short straight upper arm......and it doesn't belong on a German
Shepherd Dog.  Ever.
Peggy