[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Can there be too many Champions?

  • From: "Theresa-GSD Yesko" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "scenecrest.geo" for DMARC)
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 22:33:59 +0000 (UTC)

If you read the article I put up recently by Lloyd Brackett of Long-Worth
Kennels written
back in 40's it will always be certain people make a huge impact on the future
of the GSD.

GSDCA Members do not vote and look at the National Elections what is the
difference?
I doubt if this will ever change as people talk of wanting change but unless
they vote in numbers
things will never change.

Look at Stormy the hard work she does. We need laws to protect our dogs but
not the ones that go after
the caring breeders. However, there are so many out there that give bad names
to all breeders. If AKC would
only require each dog and puppy to be DNA'd back to their parents the bad ones
would be done breeding.
Look at the money AKC would receive and the puppies registered could be proven
to be the breed they are
suppose to be. It is clear it seems AKC no longer cares as they do not even
make pedigrees or rewards available on-line
for dogs in the past. So no longer AKC Stud Books and they lock all the
information so unless you pay to get
pedigrees or own the older AKC Stud Books no luck in knowing the background of
your American bred dog.

Theresa
scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx

On Wed, 11/25/15, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Joannie posted a website to an article
about declining numbers at dog shows. At the end of the
article was a section to reply back with suggestions to help
increase numbers and participation in conformation. I have
several ideas but decided Not to respond, I don't
generally respond to strangers. But let me say change is
really not wanted! The sport of showing dogs is entrenched
in a long history of " elitism"....the sport is
controlled nationally and locally by the same groups of the
same people for year after year. These closed circles of
people believe that the "old" ways of doing things
are the best way and rarely if ever consider serious change.
Just look at the Board of the GsDCA for example, the
president elect was president back in the 1980s.... , and
the next VP is the current president....It would be my guess
that the controlling members of the AKC have also been in
power since the dinosaur age..... This post was going to be
much longer and I was going to tie it to my title... But I
changed my mind... I can waste my time doing something
else.. Ed Hill
POST is Copyrighted 2015. All material remains the property of the original
are permitted without prior permission of both the original author AND of the

Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post. This group and its
any post. POSTS CANNOT BE USED IN A COURT OF LAW.

http://showgsd.org/mail.html