[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Can the GSDCA President show dogs at our National?

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tokaye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 10:06:55 -0700 (PDT)

The topic of should judges be allowed to show dogs came up at the seminar
Guzman
gave for the Grand Canyon GSD. The vote from the audience was that Yes they
should because there are so many judges that show dogs and entries would fall
if
they were not allowed to show.
Maybe what the AKC should do is limit the number of judges for each breed. Lets
face it when picking judges these days it is always Who will draw?

 QUESTION :
Do you guys think that judges being allowed to show dogs in the breed that they
judge has lowered entries in that breed?  We talk about the "politics "of
showing dogs, does this have anything to do with it?

Do you think that being a judge increases your chances of winning at dog shows?

Terry