[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: By committee (every GSD member read)

  • From: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 19:33:06 EDT

In a message dated 9/6/2006 5:26:13 PM Central Standard Time, ELG440@xxxxxxx
writes:

Thank you Gary for the explanation.  I do understand if  there is a policy
that only club members be mentioned then excluding Bob is  proper. I didn't
know
of that policy and in the past it was not followed, but  what is now the
policy is what is important. I will try to find it, it probably  in the P&P
Manual.

I do not agree with the secrecy of a vote and no one knowing who voted  and
what they felt. This is still a club of and by the members. This trend
towards
secrecy is not a good one, and should be reconsidered.

I would think it would be better to let us know who is  on this committee or
why it was left up to the Membership chairman and Show  Chairman?  Is that a
committee formed by the board, or approved by the  members, or assigned by
our
President, or just a group of three?

We need to follow procedure, and if there is none, suggest some be
established.

As I said, this is not a major issue, but from the number of people who
responded, one of interest to a lot of us.

Evan first of all it is NOT Gary's committee.  I "Patty" am part of the
membership committee and this is the part of that committee's responsibility

 I send cards to the families of all deceased members and ONLY members.
    We have a criteria that is followed...and the longer a deceased member
has been with the GSDCA  then a donation is sent to either the rescue or the
Foundation in their name made bye the GSDCA...I ask for this donation to be
sent
and I also mention it in the sympathy card.

The only way I hear about deceased members is from the lists or if someone
calls or sends an email.

When issues come up pertaining  to the deceased members and the names in the
National catalog...i go to the 2 Chairman and get their opinions on what
should be done...They are Nanci Nellis National Chair   and Dania KArloff
Membership chair...it is NOT my place to make such decisions on my own.
Actually there
is nothing thats says i have to ask...I can make the decision myself on who 's
name goes in....but I'm a member of the show committee and the membership
committee...and I feel I need the chairmans input.

Evan if you want to take over this committee be my guest if you think there
is some "Secrecy" going on.    It was formed and approved by the board in
2005...I cant believe you are trying to put a spin on a innocent committee for
our
deceased members that there is something secretive going on.  By the way read
the minutes everything is in there...from 2005 when Ginny Altman was president
....Gary and Ginny worked to develope this committee.  I cant believe your
trying to make more out of what I do as sending sympathy cards and putting
members names in the catalog to be remembers
BY THE WAY I'LL HELP YOU OUT...P&P MANUAL (ONLINE) PAGE 68
"DECEASED MEMBERS PROGRAM"

Patty Szymczak