[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Buff on the whites, etc.

  • From: "Kathy Partch" <jokaysedona@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSDCA Showlist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 15:15:08 -0700

We know exactly what puts color in our white coats. It's anything red like a
blk/rd, red sable, etc., is the worst. Breeding 4-5 generations or more of
whites on both sides gives you really white whites! Even breeding a blk/tn
to a white for the first time can give you color on a white. But you'll have
some in that litter that will be whiter than the others. We have to be
careful about pigment because breeding to a standard coat only helps give
you great or better pigment if that dog/bitch DOESN'T fade themselves. That
goes for both sire/dam. We strive for better pigment in our whites than
their white coats. The very first thing we strive for his health,
intelligence & type. Kathy www.JoKaySedona.com

AND that is likely why we see so many variations of
"off colors"  on the white breeders web sites....as they
often do not know what colors they actually ARE breeding?
This is another reason why we should allow the white
GSD to become separate.
ONLY the white breeders can, or want to keep up with this
constant vigil on color....while most of us are striving
to get even darker richer colors in our dogs...

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com