[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Breeding Pets

  • From: "Mo Murkland" <murk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showlist" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:03:12 -0600

Sheri,
    I do disagree there! IF you interview well enough and weed people
out......I NEVER  call someone back after the initial interview........nor
will I let them take a pup that first week. I want them to
THINK............they are making a commitment...........If they call me
back................we talk some more. The big thing is to not get into a
hurry. Mo

.  About the only way you can control the breeding aspect is to hang on to
the dogs and spay and neuter them before selling them to pet owners.  Most
people want young puppies and personally I won't put a baby through that
operation.  I haven't produced that many puppies, but I know of only one
person who bred a puppy I sold, and he OFA'ed her first and called me to ask
who I thought was a suitable sire for her.  I guess I've been lucky, I've
heard bad stories from friends who haven't had the same luck.