[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Breeder-Not AKC Judges for Futurities

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, RChesnut70502@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 15:46:39 EST

In a message dated 12/19/2007 2:40:42 P.M. Central Standard Time,
edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Our club has decided to look for a non AKC judge for several  reasons. There
are many out there with a very good eye. Since most  people don't know if they
like their dogs or not, hopefully they will  enter and take a chance.If a
judge does a futurity and them comes up  locally again soon after, the losers
from the futurity aren't going to  enter and that club is going to get hurt.
Just a few reasons. When  I enter a futurity I don't care if the judge is AKC
approved or a  breeder, I enter under the people that I think are most
knowledgable in  this breed and are going to give my dogs a look.  Ann

As a futurity chair this past year, I felt the same and also looked  at it
from the other side of the AKC licensed judge being in the area in  the few
months prior to the futurity.   If the dog you may be  thinking of showing to
them
in the futurity gets dumped, you go somewhere  else.
I feel breeder/unlicensed judges are just another way to help even  the
playing field.
We had Bobbie Kindy the past year and she drew very well in our  region and
beyond.  People were well pleased to not know what she  would

Molly

Trillia German Shepherds  since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont, Life  member CKC
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone  amateur
built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the  Titanic"