[ SHOWGSD-L ] Brags from Oak Ridge

  • From: "Oak&Carrie Smith" <osmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 07:26:41 -0600

Last week-end was the Durango Kennel Club shows in Cortez Colorado. Three
days. We pulled some wins we have never pulled off before all together like
that.
Friday: Winners Dog: Oak Ridge Smuggler's Cove (Ian) from the 9-12 class (CH
Tams Treasure Isle x Kaimacha Innuendo ROM)
            Winners Bitch: Oak Ridge Colorado Moonlight (Luna) (Kaimacha
Winning Colors CD x Kaimacha Innuendo ROM)
            Reserve Bitch: Serenity's Mariah V Oak Ridge(Mariah) ( CH
Hicliff Free and Easy x Serenity's Cholula)
            BOB & BOW: Oak Ridge Colorado Moonlight
            BOS & Best Puppy: Oak Ridge Smugglers Cove
Saturday: Winners Dog: Oak Ridge Smuggler's Cove
               Winners Bitch: Serenity's Mariah V Oak Ridge
               Reserve Winners Bitch: Oak Ridge Cololardo Moonlight
               BOB & BOW: Serenity's Mariah V Oak Ridge
               BOS & Best Puppy: Oak Ridge Smuggler's Cove
Sunday:   Winners Bitch: Oak Ridge Colorado Moonlight.

All dogs were shown by yours truly or by Carrie. (Evan has convinced me to
show my own dogs which has some ups and downs to be sure). We had our
special in there too which created some problems as we had not planned on
winning bitch and dog so we had to get a ringside pickup on him and he did
not show well for them but it was nice of Bill Sterwart (a sammy handler) to
give it a go. On Sunday after two days of that we pulled our special so that
he would not look bad in front of people and as it turned out we didn't win
dogs that day and I could have shown him. Niether Bitch or Puppy would have
shown for Bill and we wanted nothing but positive experiences for them which
is why we had him on our Special (CH Oak Ridge Lunar Shadow)
It was an all-breed show with some small rings so the kids didn't show as
well as they are capable of but it was enough. There were 6 points available
for the week-end and we won 5 of them.  :{)
Though a small show the DKC show is the closest thing Carrie and I have to a
home show. Only 120 miles away.  Great set ups for the RV's and a lot of
really good specials show up in all breeds looking for BIS.

Oak & Carrie Smith

Oak Ridge German Shepherds
Dedicated to the German Shepherd Dog
Signers: GSDCA Breeder's Code of Ethics