[ SHOWGSD-L ] Bracket's 'White Formula'

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ELG440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 12:47:46 -0400 (EDT)

Is it not wonderful that we have learned something since 1961.  Mr.
Brackett speaks from experience, having used Whites in his breeding  program.

There will always be those who stand against change, and those who embrace
it. Each opinion is worth considering, but we should never take such a
certain  stand, that we can't listen to others.

 54 years ago Lloyd C. Bracket had an opinion.  It was his, it  was based
on his experiences, reasoning and education. It was something he felt
strongly about.

Now each of us has to form our own opinions, based on at least an
additional 54 years of knowledge, experiences, education and reason.

We have seen the Whites being bred for quite a while now, without the sky
falling. We have seen dedication to the breed by those who enjoy a different
 color. We have seen those who have been denied an area of our sport
survive for  over 50 years to protect our great breed in another color.

We at Asgard started our breeding program in Grand Rapids, Michigan,  15
miles from where Lloyd Bracket started, and was doing his breeding. We saw
whites in a number of litters being born in Michigan and even a White German
Shepherd dog sled team, (which were the strongest healthiest dogs I ever
saw).  We were told to cull the whites, that they all were weak, all had
health problems and seldom lived normal lives.

We found none of that to be true, but having been in that area, we had a
chance to watch what happened with whites born to black and tan litters.
Those who bought white German shepherds for pets, had them for normal life
spans, with no more or less problems than the black and tans. I judged Whites
at  ARBA, and had the honor of judging the White National Specialty.   From
that I formed my opinions.

Now we each will form our own opinions.  In doing so, use reason,
experience, knowledge, education, and more than anything else,  history.

 History is the record of the past, not the dictate of the  future.

Eva

In a message dated 7/27/2014 7:56:36 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
"The  Case Against The White German Shepherd Dog"
by Lloyd C  Brackett

http://showgsd.org/mail.html