[ SHOWGSD-L ] Bio candidate

  • From: Vonsudlich@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Germanshepherds4Show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 22:35:43 EDT

Bio for Dalene McIntire:

I am running for a board position so as Obedience Chairman I will have some
input as to what is done about and to obedience at the National.  The Policy
and Procedures Manual states the board will provide six candidates for the
National obedience trial.  This year they gave us two for the 2009 National.
This
not only does not give obedience people any choice as to who will be judge,
but we need three judges.  The board has not answered my question in my July
report asking how they are going to resolve this dilemma.  In January or
February
I sent a list of about 20 names and addresses of obedience judges to the
board members so they would have names of people to contact about being a
candidate.

I am currently a judge for both obedience and German Shepherds so I know both
sides of the coin.  I have trained obedience classes since 1966 and became an
obedience judge in 1974.  I have been involved with the GSD breed since 1960
and became a breed judge in 1983.

My qualifications and participation in the GSDCA are as follows:

I have been a member of the GSDCA continuously since 1965.

This is my fifth year as the National obedience chairman.

I served as Recording Secretary from 1976 to 1982.  I served on the board
again in 1990 and 1991 and was Obedience Chairman at that time as well.

I have been a member of the Temperament Test Committee since 1977, a Senior
Evaluator since 1978,  and became chairman on the death of Jim Norris -- which
I held until 1990 when Bob Penny took over when I became Obedience Chairman.
As a member of this committee I have been responsible for typing up and
mailing out all the temperament certificates for the last 22 years.

I typed the first seven years (1971 through 1976) of the Red Book (that's by
hand, folks, this was before computers) and was responsible for the printing
of them; I was chairman and published the book in 1984.

I was trophy chairman for the 1973 National held in Seattle.

For the GSDC of Washington State I have:

Been a member continuously since 1965;
Served as president four years in all;
Serving as treasurer since 2003;
Served as Show chairman in 1976;
Served as Futurity chairman one year;
Served as educational chairman for 2 years;
Served as show secretary for 2 years;
Served on many other committees through the years.