[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: At herding....

  • From: Riatagsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 16:59:19 EDT

In a message dated 8/19/2006 3:21:41 P.M. Central Standard Time,
Stormy435@xxxxxxx writes:
The dog  in the 'herding' example is being worked ONLY to counter clockwise
until  he is comfortable working the sheep that way, but isn't that
interesting?

Yes it is very interesting.  My herding instructor said its like being  left
handed or right handed.  My CH Star HT,PT hates going counter clock  wise and
we also had to work on that.  Joy did say that some dogs, like  some people
that can write with both hands, can go both ways with no  problems.  I just
don't have one of those dogs! :>)

Judy
Home of:

2004/2005/2006 Nationally Ranked BISS Am/Can/Intl CH Magical Memories v
Riata Edan
2006 South West Best In Maturity Oh The Places You'll Go of Edan
CH Bokenkamp's Katch A Falling Star HT, PT
Breeders and Co Owners of:
2004 RBIF Intl CH Bah Humbug of Riata Edan (major to finish)