[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Are there different degrees of Ideal Temperament?

  • From: Zoa Rockenstein <zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 07:46:48 -0700 (PDT)

Good question.  I have been blessed with many GSDs who had a good combination
(from my perspective) of both friendly disposition and protective instinct.
Personally, this is exactly what I want.  A few of these dogs have been great
with people but very aggressive around oher dogs.  They easily passed the TT,
but that is because they did not have to greet anoher dog as part of the test.
I do a lot of early training and socialization, puppy K, etc.  Is dog
aggressiveness inherited?  Do others consider it undesirable in GSD
temperament?  Was there ever any consideration of making it part of the TT?
 Zoa
Dr. Zoa Rockenstein
www.riverrockshepherds.com