[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Amateur futurity

  • From: caggra@xxxxxxx
  • To: dgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 15:35:03 -0400

How could there have been more?  Do you really think people did not enter the
Amateur Futurity because the option was in place for other people to enter
both?  You really think that scared people off?   That makes no sense.  If the
Amateur Fut/Mat had happend before and there were issues with integrity etc.,
then I could see that happening.  But this was the first one ever, so I just
can't see someone not entering because they saw that others could enter both.
The fact is that the Great Lakes Amateur Fut/Mat had 23 entries.  The fact is
that judge did a good job of judging dogs.  The fact is that IF all of those
entries had to choose between the Regular Fut and the Amateur one, from those I
know and spoke to, almost all of them would have chosen the Regular one IF they
had to choose.  The fact is that everyone except you had a good time at the
event and would do it again and maybe even enter more dogs.  Seeing Julie show
and win with her own dog made me realize that this re
 ally is a GREAT event....it's purpose was proven through her.  Even if she
hadn't have won it would have proven it....but kudos to Julie for winning
anyway!   Don Miller showed 3 of his own dogs and had a ball as he always does.
 Some new people that have never really shown much in the specialty ring got to
try it out without being surrounded by Prof Handlers.  AND - I think we may
have 2 potential Prof Handlers in the works because of it.  Jake Criss & Denise
Fox both did outstanding jobs and were very ENCOURAGED by the event.   That's
what it's all about.

Jeff Pyle