[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Amateur futurity

  • From: "Donna Graham" <dgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <caggra@xxxxxxx>, "GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:22:13 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Don't put words in my mouth.=0D
=0D
I never said  it was not a good time.  =0D
=0D
I have not commented once on who did or did not win.=0D
=0D
I'm sorry you don't like my view and opinion.=0D
=0D
I happened to have the same opinion before the show even took place.=0D
Same dog can now win more than once.=0D
=0D
I do indeed think that being able to show in both=0D
Venues would and did keep some people away.  =0D
=0D
It's an opinion  no need to get in a huff about it=0D
Or become nasty.=0D
=0D
Actually if you really think about it  we are only aloud to show=0D
Our dogs in one futurity maturity a year. We don't get to pick=0D
2 or 3 different  regions to participate in with the same dog  we=0D
Have to make a choice as to which region.  So why  should =0D
We get to show in two different venues under two different judges =0D
this way.   Unless you want to change the original futurity and let=0D
Everyone pick  2 or 3 different regions to show the same dog in.=0D
Then I say go for it.  Other wise make a decision Regular or Amateur.=0D
=0D
Nancy has asked for opinions so I have given some.=0D
=0D
I will only post any further comments to Nancy herself =0D
As I will not subject myself to any further nastiness.=0D
=0D
=0D
You all wonder why people keep leaving  and you can't =0D
Get new ones to stay??????????????????TSK TSK TSK=0D
=0D
Shame on you.=0D
=0D
Donna=0D
=0D
=0D
 =0D
 =0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
 =0D
From: caggra@xxxxxxx=0D
Date: 4/10/2007 3:32:39 PM=0D
To: dgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;  showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=0D
Subject: Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Amateur futurity=0D
 =0D
How could there have been more?  Do you really think people did not enter
the Amateur Futurity because the option was in place for other people to
enter both?  You really think that scared people off?   That makes no sen=
se.
 If the Amateur Fut/Mat had happend before and there were issues with
integrity etc., then I could see that happening.  But this was the first =
one
ever, so I just can't see someone not entering because they saw that othe=
rs
could enter both.   The fact is that the Great Lakes Amateur Fut/Mat had =
23
entries.  The fact is that judge did a good job of judging dogs.  The fac=
is that IF all of those entries had to choose between the Regular Fut and
the Amateur one, from those I know and spoke to, almost all of them would
have chosen the Regular one IF they had to choose.  The fact is that
everyone except you had a good time at the e! vent and would do it again =
and
maybe even enter more dogs.  Seeing Julie show and win with her own dog m=
ade
me realize that this really is a GREAT event....it's purpose was proven
through her.  Even if she hadn't have won it would have proven it....but
kudos to Julie for winning anyway!   Don Miller showed 3 of his own dogs =
and
had a ball as he always does.  Some new people that have never really sho=
wn
much in the specialty ring got to try it out without being surrounded by
Prof Handlers.  AND - I think we may have 2 potential Prof Handlers in th=
works because of it.  Jake Criss & Denise Fox both did outstanding jobs a=
nd
were very ENCOURAGED by the event.   That's what it's all about.  =0D
 =0D
Jeff Pyle=0D
 =0D
 =0D