[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: All Breed vs Specialty'

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 23:30:07 EDT

As a show Chairman for my AB club I can tell you I will always work with
any breed that wants to do a supported entry.  We use to get about 10 Great
Danes at our shows. They ask for a big ring and input on the judge, I
agreed.  The last two shows we have had over 50 danes. It is a win win for both
our club  and the Great Dane exhibitors. One thing however that one has to be
careful is  when the person requesting a judge that you make sure it is that
breed clubs  choice and not that  individuals personal choice. We did try
this with  another breed ( will not name the breed) and it failed. Reason the
person was  winning under the judges I was hiring. Tried to get them to
come back and do it  right but so far they will not come back. I will say this
if they ever decide to  come back I will make sure that the judge I hire is
what the majority of that  breed wants.
Problem is most (not all so don't jump me) GSD breeders and exhibitors do
not belong to AB clubs and show very little interest in getting active. (Kay
 excluded) VBG

Lee Brown

In a message dated 4/6/2010 9:56:19 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
showgsd@xxxxxxx writes:
I would  encourage all of you to try and work with your local all breed
clubs.  If you can help them increase their entries,  they are  usually
willing to work with you on judge's selection and ring  size.  Several