[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Airport for Purina Farms

  • From: GreyPines@xxxxxxx
  • To: BJBuie@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 14:38:36 EDT

In a message dated 6/10/2005 1:06:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
BJBuie@xxxxxxx writes:
> It  is too bad they are not a hub for one of the airlines. there are no
>  direct flights anymore to MCI. You change in Phoenix or Denver from
Oregon. I  just
> pruchased a ticket to there and it was 502.00 not taking a dog  so have no
> idea what it would cost. I just checked on the cost of  tickets to NC and
on
> America west it was 902.00 from Oregon. Yikes. I  believe the only way to
get to
> NC from here is to fly to Phoenix the  first day kick back a day or 2 and
then
> fly on to NC from there.  There are many direct flights. I would rather pay
> for 2 direct flight  then trust making a connection these days with 1 hr
> between flights.

Suggested filghts to Charlotte:
regards
Bill Pfeiffer
Note, that Herding is in Durham and you would use Raleigh/Durham  Airport.

                 from $479  Roundtrip        2:00 pm Depart Portland (PDX)
Arrive Charlotte (CLT) 11:30 pm  Mon 31-Oct
Duration: 6hr  30mn       US Airways 6214  / 6388   Connect in Denver (Denver
 Intl.)
_<NOBR>Choose this dep_ (javascript:FD('P','7',g_prgp7,'1',''))
        from $479  Roundtrip        11:35 pm Depart Portland (PDX)
Arrive Charlotte (CLT) 9:29 am  <NO day  Mon 31-Oct
Duration: 6hr  54mn       US Airways 6088  / 6170
Connect in Chicago  (ORD)
                 from $395  Roundtrip        9:30 pm Depart Portland (PDX)
Arrive Charlotte (CLT) 9:27 am  <NOBR>  day  Mon 31-Oct
Duration: 8hr 57mn       Alaska Airlines 2292  / 1949  / 4048   Connect in
Seattle (SEA), Chicago  (ORD)
            from $499  Roundtrip        6:50 am Depart Portland (PDX)
Arrive Charlotte (CLT) 4:20 pm  Mon 31-Oct
Duration: 6hr 30mn       Delta 1522  / 5751   Connect in  Cincinnati
(Cincinnati N.  Ky.)
_<NOBR>Choose this  dep_ (javascript:FD('P','15',g_prgp15,'1',''))
There are too many to list but this is a  sample
Regards
Bill
Note, I did not check the type of aircraft  on any of the above  flights