[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Airlines and Nationals

  • From: RFWFORGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 16:06:10 EDT

Sometimes Fair and Right are synonymous with what's best for the membership
and our dogs.  There are many reasons those words fit the
long standing GSDCA policy of rotation of the Nationals.
We were hooked after our first National in 1969 at the Ramada in Phoenix.
Actually, nothing compares to that National in terms of facilities, access and
convenience.  We got to see Bonnie Bergere gaiting at age 12? I believe.  As
good as it was, the 2003 National at Albany was a distant second.

The purpose of the National is far broader that to select 'Selects' from the
dogs who happen to live within driving distance.

Consider the desirability of exposing as many people as possible to the
pageantry and excitement of our National, not to mention the opportunity to see
great local dogs that might never get the exposure if a long flight/days of
driving was necessary.

Regards to all,
Dick Whalen
Jericho German Shepherds
Remember, a balanced dog has letters before and after its name!