[ SHOWGSD-L ] Advertising doesn't always work

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:02:41 EDT

In a message dated 9/16/2005 9:17:19 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
pmick@xxxxxxxxx writes:
REPUTABLE BREEDERS DO NOT ADVERTISE IN THE  NEWSPAPERS.

Interesting idea. We don't advertise in a newspaper for puppies, because of
a number of reasons.  One being that in Los Angeles county they often go
through the newspaper to check if you have too many dogs and send the police.
Also, we seem to sell  puppies by word of mouth and then often to those we
have
sold one to ten years ago, or so.

I have never advertised at my law office. I have kept it out of the yellow
pages for years, and will only represent clients referred by prior  clients.  I
will take people sent by other attorneys, but decline to  represent people
who are not from prior clients.  In that way I don't have  to convince anyone
as
to the quality of our work.  So far it is working for  me.

Selling puppies seems to work the same way.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together