[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: About Handlers always being needed to finish a dog

  • From: DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx
  • To: Sue.Mazzeo@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 22:17:16 EST

I have not seen Delta so I do not know but I would suspect this is a pretty
nice animal. Really, this is what it takes.  Also, the dog must be in  good
condition as well as presented well it sounds like Zac does a great job,
kudo's.  It is so wonderful to see this and hear of this because it does
happen.
It is not always easy and you have to take your lumps, but we all  do folks....I

The most important thing to do when showing dogs in my opionion is have
fun..... Not every day is going to be fun and it is certainly more fun to win
then loose but, enjoy the poeple and your dogs first, the rest well, it will
most likely come.

Deb

In a message dated 12/7/2006 8:48:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Sue.Mazzeo@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
I want  to tell you a story, that while not typical, does show that it is
possible for  an owner/handler to finish his own dog without spending a fortune.

My  husband and I went to a party last night to celebrate the championship of
 COVY-TUCKER HILL DETA OF HUDSPETH.  What's so neat about this particular
championship is that the owner/handler Zac Hudspeth is only 16 and had never
shown a dog before he got Deta.  It was also done here in Northern  California
without any long trips.  Now Zac is an exceptional handler and  has very
quickly learned to show GSDs and has incredibly supportive  parents.  Maryann
and
Bob Hudspeth have been there every step of the way  from the conformation
classes Zac and Deta attended to all the  shows.

But it does prove that a handler is not always necessary to  finish a dog.
Oh, and I forgot to mention that Deta is just two years  old, so this did not
take forever for Zac to do.

And along the way, Zac  trained Deta in obedience, she has one leg on her CD
and at the same time Zac  accomplished two years of high school in one year
with a 4.0  average!

Sue Mazzeo