[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AN OBSERVATION OF COLOR DEPTH AND COAT LENGTH

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <grnram415@xxxxxxx>, <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 15:49:39 -0400

In the SV *conformation* ring, it is extremely rare to see anything but
black&red.  The German's have bred B&R to B&R so long that the dogs are
starting to lose their saddles.  You do see tons of sables in the working lines
and occasional Bi's and blacks, but those lines are quite removed from the
German "show" lines.
Re. the beautiful plush coats on the German dogs...  Many carry the coat factor.

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Wellborn-Allemande German Shepherds
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam