[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AMATEUR FUT. RULES???

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, melanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:53:55 -0500

Thank you Nancy for addressing Melissa's concerns. Her points were very
valid. One small thing. Since previous changes were voted on by the Board,
was the change back also approved by the Board? Also, since Melissa didn't
address the 1800.00 donated by the anonymous GSDCA member, I will address
it again. When can we expect the distribution? Will the 2007 winners get it
this year? There are other 2007 futurity/maturity winners both regular and
amateur  who have also been wondering.Thank you in advance. Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

very subject.   Some breeders   thought  it  "unfair" for a dog to have the
opportunity to win both the Amateur AND the Regular  & then there were
those that said they would never take the chance of a Futurity Winner being
defeated in the Amateur.  As with all new venues , we have to continually
tweak them until the best formula is reached.  The Regular Futurity has
been through changes throughout the years.  Some ideas work, some don't.
We are still in the exploration phase with this.  This is only the second
year for the Amateur and the Board voted to continue this venue for a
period of 3 years, as a test, after the 3rd year the Board will have to
determine what is best and breeders should continue to express their
opinion so that the Board can respond to the wishes of the majority when
the time comes for a decision.
> When the Amateur was first introduced it was understood this was going to
be  trial and error & that we would have to make changes as needed.
Changes have also been adopted for the regular Futurity  such as
eligibility to judge, not judging in the Futurity Region for 5 months prior
to that assignment as well as others.   I received 3 calls today from those
entered in the Amateur and they are very upbeat about the prospect of
winning and going to the NATIONAL.   I only hope we can appeal to novice
and junior people and those that are concerned about the high cost of
showing at Futurities.
> We always welcome suggestions and we like to know the opinion of breeders
for both systems.
> Nancy Harper

ANY
> > MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
> > PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS
EXPRESSLY