[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC ( long)

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 08:38:20 -0700 (PDT)

When I have clients who got dogs from pet stores I tell them what it means, and
I ask them to never go there again.  When people ask me where to get a dog, I
tell them first where not to go then where to go.
  sheila
Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  We are a society of convenience. It's convenient for people to walk into a
pet store and buy a puppy and they are willing to pay for that convenience.
Whenever I have potential puppy buyers call me about puppies, if I have nothing
available, I always make sure to remind them NOT to purchase a puppy from a pet
store.

We need to work on cutting off the supply by educating the public.

Cindy
Peggy
wrote:
OOO let me guess--- from the Hunte Corporation? ha ha ha.........well,
now the purchase will come with AKC papers.......and probably some crazy
guarantee, too.
Or maybe from some less fancy puppymill, eh? No matter...it will come
with AKC registration! How exciting! Meanwhile, whatever happened to
the old slogan "Buy from a breeder" guess AKC forgot.
Peggy
Amytortoise@xxxxxxx wrote:

> It is too bad that the Petland stores get most of their puppies from
> you know where. There was a big article about them in the Detroit News
> a couple of months ago. A friend of mine bought a puppy there because
> she did not know any better and three months later she is still
> waiting for her AKC papers. She paid $2500.00 for an eight week old
> puppy. That is ridiculous!
> Amy Greenhut

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training

starting at 1¢/min.