[ SHOWGSD-L ] AKC REP/LETTER FROM AKC

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx(List)>, "GretchAnya" <GretchAnya@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:32:09 -0600

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

Becky and all .Don't be foolish,.doesn't take a rocket scientist to see
that AKC is fed up with the antics of the gsd fancy and the GSDCA. We are
in fact children that behave badly and that rep I would wager had been
given the heads up about many of our antics. Since 2004, there have been
countless incidents of improprieties including and not limited to,physical
and verbal altercations, the botching of elections, the inability to police
ourselves at futurities and other AKC events, the complete disregard of AKC
rules, lawsuits, not being able to follow club by-laws and P&P within our
own organization. In areas that are deemed "gray" we have opted to go to
the "dark side" of gray as opposed to the right side..alway pushing the
envelope. I can clearly read between the lines of Mr. Gaeta's response.Here
is a  red flag: we are thinking of doing away with GSD's specialties in the
evening.."He could not have said it more clearly,keep complaining and we
are going to punish.  As for the rep..I agree that she may have been
pushing her boundries( but not according to AKC) but it sounds to me like,
this rep is EXACTLY who akc wanted watching us..and yes.. we ARE being
watched under a microscope. Bottom line is AKC is tired of our BS..tired of
us not being able to play within the rules, tired of all the complaints
about exhibitors and judges.I am certain the AKC must be thinking with all
the problems we and the GSDCA have created, we must have quite a bit of
nerve to be writing letters!LOL! Unfortunately when SOME have acted poorly
by breaking the rules..ALL get punished.What it boils down to is, our
complaining ABOUT the AKC  has very little merit as we have been labeled
trouble makers, so even if there was validity to our complaints..who's
going to listen to a bunch of trouble makers??? My suggestion,accept we
have behaved and conducted oursleves poorly, quit with the letter writing,
let this new admin get us back on the straight and narrow and demonstrate
that we can govern ourseleves without the constant need for AKC to
intervene. We also need to build back our credibilty with the AKC, and
behave like sportsmen and follow the rules and when in doubt err on the
right side..not the dark side. If we can't and want to continue to bitch
and moan and create problems..expect sanctions..AKC is lying in wait and
watching and we are going to have to suck up and take it! Oh and BTW..a
special "thank you" to all who have helped comtribute to our now being
scrutinized by the AKC..we couldn't have done it without you!!!  Christine