[ SHOWGSD-L ] AKC Non Registerable Breed Listing

  • From: "Catherine Murch" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:23:13 -0400

Hi All;
I hope that any of you who read this realize that this is something that is
being discussed in regard to Performance Events. This
question, if I recall was part of one of my Delegate surveys. I for one
encourage this to bring more interest into the sport. When I
started showing, it was in obedience with an ILP GSD who was adopted from the
Bide A Wee at 8 weeks, after losing my 15 year
old GSD.

Sheba, got me hooked and I loved dogs shows and wanted to show in confirmation,
so I brought my first show dog. The rest is
history, but I feel this is a way to introduce others to the wonderful world of
the pure bred dog, it will also of course generate revenue
for the AKC, because you know they will be a charge for this, I believe an ILP
now costs $50, not sure, but I paid $25.00 in 1977. It will also help the
Performance Event revenues.

Cathy ( AKC Delegate for Newton Kennel Club)
Kelstar

Catherine Murch
fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.