[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC Non Registerable Breed Listing

  • From: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx
  • To: fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:01:51 EDT

Cathy,
I so agree with you on this.  I also have a GSD with an ILP.  He has earned
his CD and RN.  My first 2 GSD's were basically rescues and I had a blast with
them.  Having had previous experience with show dogs, it was a natural
progression.  And, people with All Americans are just as serious about working
with
their dogs and competing where/when they can.  UKC offers a great alternative
to AKC performance events but does not offer Rally.  UKC trials are also few
and far between.  I have several Mixed breed dogs in my obedience/Rally
classes.
 Most are agility dogs.  AKC already offeres the CGC for these dogs and all
my students have had their dogs attain their CGC's.  I know they would all be
thrilled with another venue available to them.

As for the revenue it would generate, all the better.  With declining entries
and registrations, this could offset or slow down the rising costs for
everyone involved in AKC events, conformation or performance.  And, like you
and me,
the more people that get hooked on competing with their dogs, the more
chances they will become intrigued with the show ring as well.  Sounds like a
win-win to me.  JMHO of course.

In a message dated 8/17/2006 9:24:27 AM Pacific Standard Time,
fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Sheba, got me hooked and I loved dogs shows and wanted to show in
confirmation, so I brought my first show dog. The rest is
history, but I feel this is a way to introduce others to the wonderful world
of the pure bred dog, it will also of course generate revenue
for the AKC, because you know they will be a charge for this, I believe an
ILP now costs $50, not sure, but I paid $25.00 in 1977. It will also help the
Performance Event revenues.

Laura Thomas
http://www.treasureranchgsds.com/