[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ADMIN - TECH ISSUES

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, 'List' <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 08:39:16 -0800 (PST)

Hi there,
  I use Yahoo and have had no problems. At least I don't think I have had a
problem :0)
  TC
MARGERY GOLANT <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Listers, there are a couple of tech issues happening now. I am trying to
address both, would appreciate your help.

YAHOO - About a week ago Yahoo started bouncing all posts from Showgsd-l to
Yahoo subscribers. As you know, this causes our server to stop sending mail
to the bouncing addresses. To make matters worse, when subscrbers contacted
Yahoo to complain, apparently they were told that Yahoo was fine, which was
wrong. The problem definitely came from their side. I will try to cull
through our subscriber list, find all Yahoo people, and let them know, but
that is slow and time-consuming, to put it mildly. So, I would appreciate
your help. If you have friends, co-owners, etc. who subscribe to the List
via Yahoo, please let them know what happened. IF the problem has now been
addressed at Yahoo, those people call all restart their own mail by
unsetting vacation. It is easy. Here's how:

Send email to: showgsd-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
With the message: unset vacation

If they have a problem, please direct them to the Admins at:
admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

DOUBLE POSTS - For the past couple of days, I am getting double posts from
the List, and have heard from someone else who is also getting them. In
order to assess who is affected by this, and whether it is a Freelists
problem or one coming from our Internet providers, it would be helpful to
hear from you if this is also happening to you.

Thanks !

Margery Golant
mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original