[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AB and Specialty Rings

  • From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • To: ruready8336@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 00:03:22 EDT

Hey Mike, Just note I am congratulating Les and Cheryl Anderson on Ch.
Scharo Ark Long Hot Summer for three Best of Breeds so far in Kansas City this
weekend.  She started with 3 Best Puppies at specialty shows, went RFB,  took
majors at specialties, won a group before she finished, and has multiple  BOB
both at all breeds and specialties. Every time most capably presented by  Greg
Eschett.
There are a number of people out here who have been showing successfully in
both rings for years.
Carol Moore
Scharo German Shepherds
Home of 3X Sel Best in Show CH Scharo's Spellbinder ROM TC HIC OFA

In a message dated 8/23/2008 10:04:31 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
ruready8336@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
People,  I have read and read and read and read these posts about  ab vs
specialty, my dogs are above ab rings and judges, your dog is a 3 pt  major dog
at
best, etc, etc, etc.......now that I am done with my  regurgatation process
and am strong enough to write my 2 cents worth. Those  who look down at ab dogs
and judges...GET OVER YOURSELVES! THose who think  that the only way to
measure a top dog based on the standard is to have a GV  or Select title in
from of
him/her,,,WAKE UP! If there is any sense to be made  from any of these posts,
it would be from those ab breeders, exhibitors, and  handlers, etc who would
point out that their dogs are shown successfully in  the ab rings, they are
actually able to work (whether they are titled or  actually do something
resembling work)...the problem is that there are none of  these people on this
list
because they don't have time or they refuse to read  this crap...they have
better things to do.
There is only one standard yet  we Americans( other countries also) see the
need to have two versions of it..  There are many reasons for this, the largest
one being(in my opinion) is that  exhibitors many years ago pooled together
when their dogs were not winning in  the ring and they decided to put their
resources together and begin  another  venue for showing GSD's. Again, my
opinion
only, whether it is  true or not I will never be made to believe different.
IF you truly want  to breed according to the standard, and if you feel the
need to eliminate this  ab vs specialtry mumbo jumbo, then you only need to
refer to one reference and  that would be the correct ht/lgth dimension of our
dogs. 10 to 8.5? (corrct me  if I am wrong) if this one part of the standard
were
challenged in the  specialty ring 70 % or more(my guess) of the dogs being
shown would fail this  part of the standard! Come on now, if we were to really
put forth an effort in  comparing specialty gsds to the standard we would make
ourselves sick in the  process as there would be few dogs left that would
adhere to said standard.

Before anyone asks, I have not bred champions,yet, but I know a good  dog
when I see one. I am not kennel blind, and I feel that coming and going is
more
important than side gait.

I will go out on a limb here and  predict a dog that will do great things at
the national this year. He is only  two years old, and should go select(in my
opinion high select), hell he could  be GV in the next year or so.
If I told the name of the dog, you hard core  specialty folks would choke on
you night time toddy! I will say that he is  from one of those "dreadful" K
named kennels that everyone loves to bash, and  if I had the money I would
offer
a blank check for him!

In closing  there needs to be one show venue for our beloved breed, one that
allows for  owners/exhibitors, novices, and handlers to show with LOOSE LEADS,
hav fun and  be made dang sure that the dogs are first and formost the most
important part  of these shows. If that happens then our entries would be high,
and our  national would be the Crown Jewel for ALL CH GSD's

JMT- Mike  Crowson

POST  is Copyrighted 2007.  All material remains the property of the original
kind  are permitted without prior permission of the original author  AND of the

FORBIDDEN,
AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW.  VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE -  www.showgsd.org

deal here.