[ SHOWGSD-L ] A real crazy idea

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 21:37:14 EST

In a message dated 1/14/2006 7:02:50 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:
Would it  be impossible, either  financially,or
mechanically. to view our  National on our web site via  streaming video.

A couple of years ago I asked Bill if this was possible. He  told me it was
just too expensive.

Last year Zoe told me we could not find a server to handle the  volume.  Then
I talked to Allen Christensen, (Jens' main squeeze) and he  told me it was
possible and we could find a server who would handle it. He is  going to look
into it for this year for me, and I think if it can be done, and  if the club
will allow it, we should have it for this year's national.   Allen has made his
living by  writing computer programs, and is one of the  best at solving
problems I have met.

There have been many changes in the net, and I am going to  keep on working
on it.  Even if it is nothing other than a camera set to  the winner's board,
it has to be of interest to some.  If anyone has any  ideas, let me know.

Every year Zoe and Margy have to re-teach me how to do the  Blog.  Maybe this
year they can help us set up streaming video.  I  have been trying to do it
now for the last three years.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together