[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A dog called BOSS

  • From: TamarinGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 20:36:22 EDT

Oh my God. This is bringing tears to my eyes. BOSS was the epitome of the
German Shepherd Dog.
Carolyn and Frank.  You held the BOSS when he arrived and now you held him
again, but this time you had to let him go. You were Blessed with a moment in
time. If only that moment could last a bit longer. The cycle of life certainly
brings sadness and tears.....when that blessed moment in time with BOSS could
not go on forever. I feel for you both, Carolyn and Frank.

I am grateful to have been in the BOSS's presence. BOSS shared his Motel room
at the Del Mar Nat'l with me and my Tanna. If I remember correctly, the two
just came along for the ride.
As a result of breeding to BOSS's sons on several occasions I have a BOSS
granddaughter and two great-granddaughters of his.
Then there are some BOSS sons out of my Mariah, (a BOSS half brother bitch).
The bi-color son I get to see often. You should see him now. Turned 3 recently
and maturity had settled in. His solid black brother was not given the time
to mature. A year ago both weighed within 1 to 2 lbs of eachother.
The solid black brother that I let go to a promising novice show home got a 5
pt major reserve under Kathy Casteel a year ago. The owner constantly
complained about the lack of maturity and not getting the points.......she
complained
non stop. So my solid black BOSS son went on a journey...................

With the passing of BOSS, memories of his black son surfaced. I am doubled
saddened. That was Mariah's last litter that I planned for and now Beloved BOSS
is into his new journey.  And then their was that beloved black
son..............Memories.

Take Care.

Love,  Erika and the Tamarin Crew