[ SHOWGSD-L ] A dog called BOSS

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 12:57:31 -0700

> He could look into your soul with those piercing black eyes, and you knew
> you were in the presence of something above the normal.  > Pablo, Ileana,
> Tito, Tachi and Tuti

I have been very busy and have not been on the list all week, so I opened it
this morning and am so very sorry to hear of the passing of The Boss.

So many stories, and I thought - well, it's too late, but then - this is The
Boss and I think I'll tell my story anyway....

We entered the ring first, Rachy and I. Rachy was winning a lot and I was
very happy with his performance, and in the 12-18 month class he had already
accumulated some points. We were hopeful again at this beautiful show
grounds in Santa Cruz, until the last dog came in and took his lap around
the ring. He was The Boss - and his call name said it all.

The judge stood with his mouth opened watching him go around and then set to
do his individuals. He came to Rachy, bend down to feel him, but missed -
because he was looking back at The Boss, paying no attention at all to my
dog. The judge apologized, so I leaned over to him and laughed and said,
"Just give it to him and get him out of our class!"

The judge laughed with me and did what I said.

I have two Boss kids in my back yard, one that looks just like him. I think
I'll go hug on them for the rest of the day!!!

God Bless you Frank, Carolyn and Doris.
No one else will ever know the depth of your loss.

Some have ventured that there is a place for Boss at the bridge.... May I
correct that - He now owns that site as well as he did all the others!
Dave