[ SHOWGSD-L ] A Third to the Rainbow Bridge in less than a month

  • From: "Steve D" <cimarrongsd@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 21:12:36 -0500

I cannot believe that I am writing about a third dog passing
over the Rainbow Bridge.
Two weeks ago I was writing about Cimarron's Listen to Her
Heart (Dinkums) passing.
Two weeks  before that I was writing about the passing of my
old girl Roxey, Cimarron's Reaction to Action RN.
Today, I am writing about a youngster.  He wasn't even 14
months old.
Cimarron's Utter Chaos passed over the Rainbow Bridge early
this morning.
Chaos was on his way to what I think would have been a
championship and then some.
He was the pick of the litter that has already shown so much
promise.
I was very confident that his dam would earn her ROM from
these 5 boys.
Just this past weekend, I was bragging about him to anyone
that would listen.
I returned home from shows Sunday evening to find him not
himself.
Nothing extraordinary, just kind of out of it.
Then it progressed into not eating and then the retching.
I scrambled to find the home phone number of my vet with no
success.
I tried contacting my backup vet with the same result.
I was wondering if it is written in stone that dogs must get
sick late on Sunday?

Well, the periodic retching continued.
He was not bloated nor were his gums pale.
He seemed to be running a temperature.
I hoped he would be ok until morning.
But he died shortly before the vet even opened.
I took him to the vet anyway and had a brief necropsy done.
No bloat, No torsion.
However, the vet said the small intestine walls were red and
hemorrhagic, and there was free blood in the abdomen.
He diagnosed the cause of death to be hemorrhagic enteritis.
This kind of sounds like toxic gut, but I am not sure.

Seven hours after he died, he has been buried right next to
the two freshly dug graves of the past four weeks.
Sorry, but I find this kind of depressing.
I am not even sure that I have a picture of him.
Chaos' sire and dam are Cimarron's King of Wishful Thinking
and GCh Cimarron's Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'.

Cimarron's Utter Chaos
April 19, 2012 - June 17, 2013.

/steve d.
Visit Cimarron Shepherds on the Web!
http://www.cimarron-gsd.com/
http://www.gsdcstl.org/
Happiness is German Shepherd slobber on your car window.