[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 98 Can GVX 2000 SEL EXC GVX Aramist's Ivana of Kolbrook TC ROM OFA

  • From: Katherine Heckman <chgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <onaluzlead@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 15:55:28 -0500

My heart breaks for you both!  Just reading this brings back such painful
memories from July 06.  That is when I lost my wonderful Bentley to Bloat!  I
pray for you and your family that the pain will lessen and your hearts will
mend over time.  Remember the good times, they will stay with you
forever!Katherine Heckman, Vice -Pres.Last Hope, Safe HavenDonations may be
made to:Paypal via Windwych@xxxxxxxxx"Life is too short for drama & petty
things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truely & forgive quickly."> Donna
wrote:> > January 7, 1996 - October 30, 2007> > Writing that after a week is
still painful. I have put this off and have> > been trying not to deal with
what we all know is the inevitable when you> > have dogs.but that special one
makes it all come back even more painfully.> > We have so many good memories of
her and now her kids and grandchildren that> > I almost feel selfish but as
anyone who works towards a goal with a breeding> > program knows you have your
ups and downs. Ivana was mostly ups.her free> > spirit, her proud smile, noble
expression and elegant way made her not only> > a great show dog but a great
producer. She made sure she still reined the> > Queen here, although Ivana and
Chyna shared a Living room, never the same> > furniture.neither one would
tolerate that non sense. She loved going out> > laying on the porch and sunning
herself while I road worked until it was> > Chyna's time then she would hide in
the bushes and wait to try and> > strike.which to know her was totally out of
character.for the most part she> > never had a mean bone in her body and
accepted all that came to> > Aramist.people, dogs, puppies, kittens, cats and
as of lately even a pig.her> > record as a producer is 2nd to none for a Grand
Victrix, we were so happy> > the curse didn't strike her in her producing dept.
bloat.> > Unfortunately that is the downside of her heritage. We can try and
breed it> > out.although it is a slow hard process and most are NOT honest
about it.so> > you can only do your best. We did find that she loved raw
chicken and loved> > following all of us around when we fed the dogs. Last week
by accident she> > grabbed a piece from the kennel girls bowl and ran off and
ate it. We found> > though that since July when all of these gassy attacks
happened it was after> > her eating the leg quarters. So we had stopped and we
would cook chicken for> > her food. She also ate Purina Sensative Stomach but
she was always a picky> > eater except for the chicken.The girl was horrified
however did tell Leslie> > the truth.I wasn't home, actually in transit from
purchasing Scottys old van> > (ours went on fire and blew up) another long
story.but when I got home and> > got out to show Les the van and dogs I had
picked up at another clients> > house.our live-in girl came running out and
said both of you come quick> > Ivana is huge.we pinned her, thought all was
fine and then she acted normal> > and wanted to come back in the house so we
let her.every episode aged her> > so.I honestly prayed she would fall asleep
and go to heaven. I knew in my> > gut this wasn't over.our vet was on the
phone, knowing we unfortunately have> > gotten good with this since she bloated
6 times since July's big episode. So> > he instructed us to give her the GasX,
let her sleep and keep her calm. We> > did.but within an hour it started all
over again.this time extremely painful> > and bigger yet again. Both Leslie and
I knew that if it started again, no> > more selfishness, she had to go for that
last ride.the decision had to be> > made and kept. She had endured a lot of
pain to stay with us for as long as> > she did and gave us her love 100%. The
ironic part of her waiting for me is> > weird. She was fine when I pulled in
the driveway, she was at Leslie's> > side.Leslie said totally normal.She was
tail wagging happy to see me> > home.and then poof.so I do believe God works in
mysterious ways, she waited> > for both mommies to be home and I thank him for
her, the time with her and> > for what she gave us.and most of all that this
waited for me to be home to> > help Leslie get through this, for soul to soul,
that was her dog.our> > companion, daughter, house mate & traveling companion.
hopes> > that someone who deals with and faces the bloat situation can learn
from it,> > use it and maybe something positive can come from it. I beg
breeders to be> > more upfront and honest so that no one has to go through the
agony of that> > painful ride like we did with Ivana screaming in pain.we are
dog people we> > have dealt with loss of animals from the beginning, imagine a
child sitting> > there in the car with unknowledgeable parent pet owners and
while that> > experience that will stay in our minds forever; what it would of
done to> > them. It's not always about the Money, the Prestige, the protection
of a> > certain bloodline, the sale of a puppy, it's about the dog and their
well> > being. You can't protect a bloodline that is damaged; but you can make
a> > difference and take a stand and make sure that people that have it do
right> > by it and breed up and breed the problem out IF they are going to
breed at> > all. Be HONEST.for that should be in our Breeders Code of
Ethics.not telling> > the public, oh never, not mine, and our dog is perfect,
our bloodlines don't> > carry that, etc. Sharing info is the key.and I know I
can sleep at night by> > being honest.> >> > Thanks for listening, I know it's
a bit lengthy; but I hope our experience> > can shed some light, not just
tears.> >> > Best Regards> > Donna Calabrese> >> > Donna M. Calabrese & Leslie
L. Dancosse > > Aramist Kennels aka The Girlz, Home of Am & Can GVX Ch. Ivana,
OFA ROM, Can> > Sel Titanic, OFA, ROM , NE BIM CAN SEL Ch & AM BIS CH Can GVX
CHYNA... Visit> > our website at www.girlzofaramist.com > >> >> >> >> >
============================================================================> >
Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. > >> > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE
THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH
APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST
AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW.
VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED. > >> > For assistance, please
contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> >> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE -
www.showgsd.org> >

Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. > > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT
THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS
ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE
LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF
THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED. > > For assistance, please contact the
List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org>
Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook ? together at last.  Get it
now.