[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 2 specialties in one day approved for 2007, oppinions p...

  • From: Bill Basu <billgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx, sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx, LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 11:40:10 -0800 (PST)

I don't know how your email works but i did not write this, it must be from
someone else's post.

  Bill
Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx wrote:
        In a message dated 3/27/2006 11:12:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
billgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
  Handlers only have to groom once for 2 shows

  Wow, then how would they look for the second show, ungroomed?   I groom twice
in a single show..if there is a dog going into winners or BP .it is time
consuming but no detail is overlooked.  But that is just me.

  I think it would be very hard on handlers , but as was so aptly pointed out
some will not enter both.
  I think the MOST  exhausted we had ever been, was the show circuit in UT a
few years ago, something like six shows in 4 days or less.  AB in the
morning...stay till Group THEN specialties.....ugh.  We were dead on our feet
by the final day, and the dogs were beat.
  What a week!

  I think the idea has merit.  The dogs won't suffer if they are in condition ,
after all these ARE working dogs, right? The only real factors I see other than
wear and tear on handlers /conditioners, and owners is possibly weather, and
running out of daylight.  You would need judges with xint ring procedure, that
don't screw around, and keep things moving along.  You would need a
considerable break twixt shows....wardrobe change? lol.  Would you take a lunch
break between dogs and bitches in both shows (hope so) and a little break
before Breed (sure does help).
  Just some thoughts.

  Kathy
  WEBSITE UPDATED: MAR 19, 2006~ SEL 2 ANNIE X NITRO PUPS!
http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
VICTORY GSDs, There Is Something In A Name