[Shadowdancer] "Location, Location, Location"

  • From: Isabella Valentine <wistful_fancy_noir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: shadowdancer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 01:21:01 -0700 (PDT)

Location, Location, Location
Isabella Valentine, Oridian Starfire, and Ashari

It had been a few more hours now and the screen was starting to get out of
control. However Oridian was still trudging along. He didn't have anyone to

You know, Ferenginar is just a weird place if you ask me, none of this stuff
ever makes any... fuck. He stopped in mid-thought as he read the monitor in
front of him. What the hell did she do to get her in there? Oridian tapped
his commbadge quietly. "Isabella, Ashari, if you could come down to bridge,
I've find Sianar's location."

Bella had been on her way to the bridge anyway and stepped off the turbolift
in a matter of seconds. "You actually had luck tracing that dump site?" she
asked with surprise. Sliding into the seat next to O, she looked over at his
monitor. "What'd you find?"

"Nothing good, that's for sure." Oridian tapped the console
lightly and leaned. "Ferenginar is not very deceptive as to where their
sanitation trucks go." An imagine came up on the monitor and he looked over
at Bella. "Feldargan, the main prison for Ferenginar."

"Huh," she breathed. "Well, that seems like a reasonable place to take
someone with outstanding warrants, I s'pose. Can we overlap her bio signs we
have on file with the prisoners? Get a more exact location?"

"I'm in the process of doing that but the Ferengi aren't making things any
easier." Oridian chuckled as he went back to his screen. "Can you check to
see if we can find anything in their databases about what she did? That
might narrow the search, whether she's in high security or just the main
area, It'll make a big difference either way."

The turbolift doors opened again to admit Ashari. He walked swiftly over to
Oridian and Bella, nodding a brief acknowledgement, then looked down at the
screen. Apart from the identifier at the top - "Feldargan Detention
Corporation Central Database" - and a couple of advertising pop-ups, the
rest of the screen was incomprehensible to Ashari, just a meaningless blur
of figures as Oridian expertly navigated the datastream.

"She's in Feldargan prison?" Ashari checked, getting an acknowledging nod
from Oridian as he continued his search. Ashari pondered the situation for a
while, then suggested "If we can't pin down her cell through a data-mine,
maybe there's another way. This is Ferenginar after all. It shouldn't take
too much latinum to convince one of the guards to tell us what we want to
know."

"Well, that's your job," Bella told him. "But if you wanna know what she's
in for, take a look at this."

"Conducting business? Wow, the Ferengi are just weird people, keep getting
stranger every minute we spend out here." Oridian glanced for at Bella's
console as he went back to his. "It seems to do something like that is a big
deal in Ferengar, they've got her locked up in the high security area. I
won't be able to lock onto her bio sign until were in the complex, too many
barriers up for us me to break down without getting noticed." He took a
deep breathe, so much for an easy assignment. "Have you picked out your team
yet?"

"I'm still working on it," Ashari admitted. "My first thought is the smaller
the better. Looking at that place," he indicated the prison complex on the
screen, "We won't be getting her out through a brute-force approach. At the
moment I'd say you, Oridian, me and Rissa." He looked at the scan again. It
was big and well guarded. Ashari began absently tugging an antenna, mulling
over the problem. "We'll definitely need some sort of distraction," he
muttered, almost to himself.

"Did you talk to Hyter yet?" Bella asked. "I think he wanted to join you in
a little misdirection or something just crazy enough to work."

"Hyter?" Ashari asked. "I don't think I've met him yet. Is he trained in
special ops too?"

"Huh," Bella laughed, "I've known him since he came on board and I still don't
know what he's trained in.  But if anyone can be a distraction... it's Hyter."

http://mail.yahoo.com