[Shadowdancer] The Negotiation Team

  • From: Jet <offerings_burnt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Shadowdancer <shadowdancer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:21:59 -0700 (PDT)

The Negotiation Team

by Nate Farris, Christopher Kitson & Ambika Farren

After departing from Bella's quarters Ambika stopped by her own to add some
finishing touches to her outfit. Digging around in her jewelry box she found
some hoop earrings and then finished off the look with a slash of red across
her lips. Standing back for one final look she gave herself a wicked smile.
Bika, you're looking a little naughty. "Exactly what I was going for my
friend." she replied out loud as she rushed out the door to go meet up with
Nate and Christopher.

---------------------------------

It's wonderful to be back in this thing again. He tugged at the bottom of his
uniform tunic, and picked up his Orange Blossom tea. Need to keep my cool
during this jaunt.

The lounge doors swished behind him. Turning he caught sight of the woman
entering the lounge. Hell's bells, that is the most amazing thing I've ever
seen. Shit! She's an empath, someone beam me into space. The colour rose in his
cheeks, his face beginning to burn with embarrassment. Where do I look?

Dropping his gaze to the floor, he stammered, " Uh, ermm... Ms. Farren, are you
sure I'm...er you're comfortable going through with this?"

Ambika smiled at the man in front of her. Dashing, very dashing. Even though
she would never come right out and admit it men in uniform made her knees weak.
As his face turned the most adorable shade she quietly accepted his compliment.
Looking down over her outfit she held out her arms and chuckled. "The boots are
pretty cool as for the rest of the outfit .... not something that I would
normally wear but it works for the situation." Then with a sly smile she
couldn't help but add. "You looking for a date sir?"

His head snapped up. A date? If I go much redder, I'll explode! "Ermm...
perhaps after we've finished on the planet?" He looked away again and drained
his cup. "We're to meet the Captain at the transporter room." His heart was
pounding, blood singing in his ears. Does she really like me? Or is she just
being nice?

He offered her his arm, "Shall we go, Ms. Farren?"

Sliding her arm through his, her thoughts returned to Sianar. "Yeah." she
quietly nodded. "Let's go get her." Ambika tried to ignore the tug of failure
that seemed to be getting stronger.

He noticed the subtle change in her features, "Penny for your thoughts?"
Something was bothering her. That set his uneasiness about this venture into
motion. "You're worried we're not going to get her back?"

"No, I'm not worried that we will not be able to get Sianar back. It's just
..." Ambika paused as she sensed his anxiety. Just say it. Now is not the time
to blow sunshine. "I don't feel that this is going to work. At first it felt
possible but now ... I don't know ... something has changed. I think playing
this game is going to waste time and possibly cause a setback."

Christopher took her other hand and held it gently. "We will do our best, that
is all we can do. I'm pretty sure that between us we can divert whatever
disaster the Captain is likely to lead us into." He smiled. "We're supposed to
be working together on this one. Any doubt will be picked up by our big-lobed
adversary. We need our best poker faces for this."

With that, they entered the transporter room.

Nate turned his head to find his... team. He added the last mentally. Like it
or not, they were stuck with each other until the end of negotiations. Turning
to look at Dan, Nate gave a small smile and gestured for Dan to take
transporter control.

Stepping up to the pad, Dan simply said, "Good luck."

Joining the Captain, Christopher smiled and looked at his companion. "Well,
here goes!"

"See you soon," Nate nodded and the trio were transported down.

Discover Yahoo!