[SEYSA] Youth Programme Forum 2014 "Political Civility : Current Political Climate in Hong Kong 討論香港現時的政治氣候及政治禮儀"

  • From: Sir Edward Youde Scholars Association <info@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seysa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 11:25:37 -0600

Dear Youders and friends,

On behalf of the Sir Edward Youde Scholars Association (SEYSA), we are
writing to present to you the Forum on "Political Civility" of our Youth
Programme 2014. The forum will be held at The Hong Kong Polytechnic
University on 2nd August, 2014 from 12:30pm to 5:00pm.

Recently, there is a heated debate about whether there is a decline in
civility and whether disrespect becomes mainstream in Hong Kong
politics. It is believed that each person has a right to voice out their
thoughts. However, it is worth thinking about what the best way of
expressing their ideas is and how we can achieve with our concerted
efforts.

We are holding an annual event, SEYSA Youth Programme 2014 and for our
forum discussion we have provided the topic of "Political Civility :
Current Political Climate in Hong Kong 討論香港現時的政治氣候及政治禮儀". Through this
forum, we hope to stimulate our younger generations to consider the
importance of politeness and respectful listening in politics as well as
coming to a realization that we must openly and respectfully discuss
things that we differ or even disagree with in fundamental ways.

We have limited seats reserved for Youders and friends after
accommodating the official participants of Youth Programme 2014. Since
walk-in seats are not guaranteed, please register at
http://seysa.org/news_events/youth_program/forum.php [1]for the event.
The deadline of the registration will be on 26th July 2014 10 p.m.

We look forward to seeing you in this meaningful event!

Best Regards,

Youth Programme Secretariat
Sir Edward Youde Scholars Association
Website: www.seysa.org [2]