[serfl432] Earning your General Emergency Services 101 card

  • From: gfloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: serfl432@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 14:01:01 -0700

In order to participate in Emergency Services missions, real or exercise, you must first have your Emergency Services Qualification Card, also known as your 101 card with at least a General Emergency Services (GES) rating. In due time we hope to be able to offer this as a bona fide sit-down class, but with weekends rapidly running out before the Ground Team Member Level 3 (GTM3) training blitz, that will not be possible due to A: Comm camp (2 weekends) B: Wing Conference.

However, if you do not have this yet and wish to attend the Norh Florida Ranger School GTM3 training blitz on June 15-17, there is a procedure to gain your 101 card online before then so that you can still go.

The procedure to obtain this is as follows:

Cadets:
First, you need to make sure that your Curry has been entered into E-services.
Log into E-services by going to ht tp://www.capnhq.gov - If you do not have a login and password, follow the instructions to obtain one
Once you are logged in: Click "My Operations Qualifications/National Reports" (left-side menu)
Click "cadets" (at the top of the page)
Click "edit" for each of the 4 achievements and enter the dates. An approximate date should do if you do not have that exact information, but fix it as soon as possible.
Note: If you have not earned your Curry award yet, the answer is simple: Git 'r Dun!
All:
If you haven't yet, you need to take the Opsec course at  https://tests.cap.af.mil/opsec/. If you are new, you cannot receive your Curry or Level One unil you do. Those who already have those achievements will not receive their GES qualification until they take this simple online course

The actual GES tests are at: https://tests.cap.af.mil/ops/tests/default.cfm?grp=dos

Please take the following tests:

CAPT 116 Part 1 - General Emergency Services - June 2004 Test
     Training links at the top of the test page plus a PPT presentation at https://tests.cap.af.mil/ops/tests/genes2004.ppt  - download the Acrobat files and save, then use Acrobat search to find the answers

CAPT 116 Part 2 - ICS 100 Level - June 2004 Test
     Study by taking one of the online courses and tests here http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/is100.asp

Parts 1 and 2 of CAPT 117 (Ground Team Member, Mission radio Operator / CUL), part 3 for aircrew

To print your 101 card, go to E-services - "My Operations Qualifications/National Reports" - " 101 card" and click "print my 101 card"

At the end of all this, your 101 card should show "GES". If not, please let me know if you need any help

To add additional qualifications to your 101 card, study the task guides for the various ES specialties, obtain Specialty Qualification Training Records (SQTR) for each specialty and have a qualified member sign you off on each individual task and practice mission. I will send further instructions on these steps in a later email

Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Tallahassee Composite Squadron
Civil Air Patrol, USAF Auxiliary
(850)284-3677