[SeniorTech] Re: question about retirement insurance

  • From: "Wayne and Brenda" <myerswb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <seniortech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:37:20 -0600

MessageThanks for replying.  I believe I am the first to retire from my
district in the past 30 or so years anyway.  We are just a one horse school
district, K-8.  There are 4 other schools like us around here.  I just talked
to my uniserve director today and mentioned that my contract only has early
retirement language; I believe the 5,000 a year is if I had retired early.
Some friends that weren't in education have chosen Humana for the supplement to
Medicare.  When I wrote here, I thought possibly others may have chosen a
company similar.  The costs is minimal.  Our teacher insurance in my school is
fantastic.  I will meet with my uniserve director on Wednesday; she thinks she
can work some kind of retirement deal for me.  It's scary.  I have heard of
teachers going into depression, etc. after retiring.   Thanks again, Brenda