[SeniorTech] Suggestions needed for "safety topics"

  • From: "Jerry Taylor" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "SeniorTech listserv" <seniortech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 21:40:13 -0400

Hi all...

I'm thinking of volunteering my time to do some "presentations" aimed
primarily at seniors at local senior centers and/or libraries. These would
not necessarily be hands-on. I'm thinking more like a "demo."

Here are some of the topics I'm willing to present:

1. Online safety for seniors
2. Beware of scams
3. Phishing
4. Avoiding/removing Spyware, adware, viruses, etc.
5. Reducing spam
6. Computer maintenance (cleanup, defrag, etc.)

I'm asking YOU for two things.
1. In the above topics, what should be included?
2. Any other topics you think seniors might be interested in?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jerry Taylor
SeniorTech
Computer Instruction for Senior Citizens
   and Retirees
1156 Walker-Lake Ontario Road
Hilton, NY  14468
585-964-3319
"Computers are not just for kids!"

This listserv is provided as a service to computer-using
senior citizens and retirees by "SeniorTech"
(http://www.seniortech.us)

Forward this email to any computer-using seniors you know.
They can subscribe themselves by going here:
http://www.seniortech.us/listserv.htm

To unsubscribe from this listserv, go here:
http://www.seniortech.us/listserv.htm

Questions? Email Jerry Taylor at   jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx