[SeniorTech] Re: New book

  • From: Richard Emmel <remmel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seniortech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 09:03:19 -0600

NPR reviewed Nuland's book this week and that is always a good sign. They also discussed a book about the "placidity" of the brain about two weeks ago that applies to Boomers. I am sorry, but I forget the author's name. It was on the Science Friday section so it should be easy to find. I ordered a copy, but it has not arrived. The theme of the book is that the brain continues to improve until death.

Robin, thank you very much for buying Louisa. I have written a Teachers' Resource Book to accompany the book. My publisher will publish the Resource Book, if Louisa goes paperback. If you would like to to use the material, I will send you a draft of the book as a Word Doc. In return, I would appreciate notification of mistakes or any new additions you might suggest.

Regards,

Richard Emmel thankful that someone responded on this quiet, but powerful list

Robin wrote:
Richard et all,
I am looking for a book to read to my grade 6 advisees...our MS literary magazine was always called Phyllis (after Physllis Wheatly about whom, it is my understanding, Richard's book is loosely based) - so it should be a good fit. Nice find for me. Also, Shervin Nuland (author of The Way we Die ) has a new book called The Art of Aging that in essence, according to an interview, promotes 3 practices: Stay connected
Stay physically active
Stay creative
No big surprises, but Senior Tech seems a good place to hit 2 out of 3. Robin