Geocache - Scouttroop 17 Cache is Live

  • From: "John Maynard" <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 15:43:49 -0400

Hello Troop 17, I want to announce that our first Geocache project has
begun!  Last night, as a completion of the merit badge, we hid our first
Geocache Treasure on the property of Troop 17.  This has now been officially
registered and available for the world to see and "seek".

Check out our Geocaching Project
<https://sites.google.com/site/scouttroop17/geocache>  on the Troop 17
Website if you want to see who has found/signed our cache (more will find it
as time goes on) as well as where in the world is our Travel Bug named Li'l
Beufort.  Soon, someone will discover our little guy and take him away to
other caches across the country and world.  We will be able to watch all the
action on a live map, right on our website!

If your scout has not created an account on www.geocaching.com, please help
him do so.  This will allow him to sign our cache as well as enjoy this fun
hobby in the future.  It's easy and fun.

Want to learn more about our Geocaching Project
<https://sites.google.com/site/scouttroop17/geocache>  (click)?

Enjoy!  Have a great day!

John Maynard