Boy Scout Camp - Thursday Night Dinner

  • From: "Bates, Hal" <HBates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 19:21:34 -0400

Gade Lander has again agreed to coordinate or Thursday night dinner for summer
camp next week and I’m forwarding her email below to our group.

Please contact Gade directly on how you plan to help.

________________________________

Family night at scout camp

Hi everyone! Family night for summer camp will be Thursday night (July 7).
Families are invited to arrive anytime after 5:30 pm. Please be there by 6:00
pm.  The scouts will have a flag ceremony at the campsite and then we will have
dinner.  The Campfire will begin with Retreat at 7:45 pm by the dining hall and
will conclude by 9:30 pm. For the parents of first time Boy Scouts, the order
of the evening is as such:  After dinner, they will have a flag ceremony and
will shoot the cannon. Then everyone goes to the amphitheater for the campfire
and some brief entertainment provided by the counselors. There will also be  a
"tapping" ceremony for Order of the Arrow.

We will have a potluck dinner this year.  Please bring enough of an item for
your family plus 2. We will have a troop from Florida sharing our campground
this year, and as they are from a distant location, they will provide us with
nonperishable items for our dinner. They will be providing cups, napkins,
silverware.  I will need parents to volunteer to bring soft drinks and water
bottles, main dishes, sides and desserts, so please let me know what you can
bring. Please email me at tlander@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tlander@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
or call me at 266-5365 by July 5 to let me know what you will be able to bring.
 Again, we need:

·         main dishes ( maybe your scout’s favorite dish?)

·         sides

·         desserts

·         drinks

·         chips

 We are in the Chippewa camp site again this year. It is located in the curve
of "Water Tank" road immediately adjacent to Boy Scout Camp Road. Please park
on the side of the road and look for our scouts who will direct you to the
campsite. Please remember to bring camp chairs and your rain gear just in
case!!!   Take a flashlight, because it will be dark when you head back to the
campsite!

 Looking forward to seeing everyone.

 Gade Lander

The directions to the camp are attached :  (LINK to Directions)
<https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B5fu3ASweR4cNWNiZDQxZTAtMTJjMC00ZGZjLTllNTItYjEzMTZmNmQ4N2Ez&hl=en_US&authkey=CICH5sIO>

Camp Cherokee Weblink
<https://sites.google.com/site/scouttroop17/camping/camping/cherokee>  (On
Troop 17 Website)