[ScintillaNET] Re: Find Replace

  • From: "Garrett Serack" <Garrett_Serack@xxxxxx>
  • To: <scintillanet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:03:00 -0600

MJM ->

I noticed that you licensed your find/replace stuff as LGPL.

I'd like permission to include it under the same license that Scintilla and
ScintillaNET are licensed under, as including the code into the library would,
in effect change the license to LGPL.

The current license for ScintillaNET reads as follows:

=[Start
here]=============================================================================================
ScintillaNET is based on the Scintilla component by Neil Hodgson.
The license for Scintilla is as follows:

ScintillaNET is released on this same license.

The ScintillaNET bindings are Copyright 2002-2004 by Garrett Serack
<gserack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Copyright 1998-2004 by Neil Hodgson <neilh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

All Rights Reserved

Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted,
provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that
both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in
supporting documentation.

NEIL HODGSON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS
SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY
AND FITNESS, IN NO EVENT SHALL NEIL HODGSON BE LIABLE FOR ANY
SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES
WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS,
WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER
TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE
OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
=[end

If you would grant permission to include it under the terms of the existing
license, then I could
include it directly into the ScintillaNET assembly.

Garrett