[scig] smoking forums

  • From: "Donna Acerra " <DAcerra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <scig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 15:13:33 -0500

Hi,
As you may be aware, the College Life Committee has recommended to the
President that smoking be banned from all of our campuses. The Committee
is holding 3 "town meeting" style forums to hear opinions from the
college community at large. I am asking you to encourage your students
to attend a forum and prepare a :90- second comment, either pro or con.

The forums will be held on April 6 at Monroe, not sure of time right
now, but Mary Sinabaldi at Monroe knows;

Main Campus on April 7 from 11-12 in Laub Lounge, and April 13 from
5:15-6:15 also in Laub Lounge.
I think this is a ripe opportunity for our students to practice public
speaking on a small scale.

Thanks,
Donna