[savetheswim] Re: Weekly Update

  • From: "Alan Jones" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "jonesa71@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "savetheswim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <savetheswim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 13:52:28 +0000 (UTC)

Lorna, I do not think so . Best Alan

     On Friday, 6 March 2015, 13:46, Gregor Tassie <gtassie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

  Don't see any chance of a rebate

Sent from my Windows Phone
From:Stephen Davies
Sent:06/03/2015 07:13
To:savetheswim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:[savetheswim] Re: Weekly Update

If not Western Baths Members should get a rebate surely?

On Friday, 6 March 2015, 7:09, Lorna McTier <lorna.knight1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Please remind me. Is there a naturist swim at the Arlington during annual
closure week at the Western?
Lorna
On 5 Mar 2015, at 21:44, "J. Oates" <jdloates@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Baths closure for maintenance.
Message Subject : Western Baths Club - Glasgow- Sunday Swim

Message :
-----
FYI

ANNUAL CLOSURE WORK 2015

Please note that the annual closure period has been confined to seven days from
Monday 23rd March. It is our intention to re-open on Monday 30th March. During
this period all members (excluding junior members who are not within a family
membership) can access the facilities at the Arlington Baths Club. Copies of
their timetables can be obtained from the office or found on their website.

Preparatory Work

To allow us to install the heat recovery system within the senior shower room
and roman plunge pool we need to impose restrictions on the use of this area
from Friday 19th March. Therefore, access to the plunge pool, shower room,
steam room, Russian room and tepidarium will not be available from Friday 19th
March.

There will be additional preparatory work starting 9th March carried out in the
attic space above the tepidarium but there should be little or no disruption to
members as a consequence.

On 1 March 2015 at 18:49, Ishbel Hurley <ibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Lorna, I think you just turn up, but Gregor seems to be starting a petition so
you might want to sign that if you see him beforehand.  Nick.

Sent from my iPad
On 1 Mar 2015, at 17:05, Lorna McTier <lorna.knight1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Isobel
I'd love to put my support behind Celia's proposal - I am a member of WB. Is
there something to sign beforehand or will it just be at the meeting on 18th,
where I can vote in favour?
Thanks
Lorna
On 1 Mar 2015, at 15:35, Ishbel Hurley <ibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Gregor,
Thanks for your support.
Can I suggest you put your efforts behind the proposal that Cecila has
submitted but has not been included on the AGM agenda. Basically Turkish as now
but limiting naturist use of pool and sauna to 9.15 to 10.45 allowing general
swimming from 11am. Plus giving us access to the sports hall.  Promote the swim
to WBC members in a more positive way. This seems to be a fair and reasonable
compromise that balances the needs of different user groups.
My view and I think that of many of us who are not WBC members is there is no
time for more 'negotiations' with the WBC and that the strategy should be to
get the AGM to decide one way or another.  Immediately after the AGM we need to
get back to the Arlington Baths to conclude discussions with them, as if the
swim does move there we have a lot to organise before 5 April.

Regards,  Nick (but not sent from my email address).
Sent from my iPad
On 1 Mar 2015, at 11:44, Gregor Tassie <gtassie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi everyone, just to say that I will be setting up a petition for western bath
members to sign for presentation at the agm, it will be available next Sunday
for people to sign, it will call for the status quo, and for the board to
renegotiate with the club over terms. best wishes Gregor

From: lorna.knight1@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 15:58:36 +0000
To: savetheswim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just catching up after a spell away. Congratulations and thanks to all who have
worked so hard so far.
On a personal note, as a WB member, I am not in favour of having to go to the
Arlington and pay an entrance fee, when I already pay a hefty annual fee to the
WB and have always had the Sunday morning swim included as part of my
membership, like every other member. I'll be attending the meeting on 18th
March at the WB. Do we have any further details on this yet?
Regards to all
Lorna
On 27 Feb 2015, at 07:54, Ivan Gill <grandads_books@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Please proceed with caution when making it obvious you are seeking Proxy Votes.
With 2,600 members the Committee can very easily amass a significant number of
proxies to ensure the motion fails. Cecilia was trying to obtain a copy of the
form and may well have copies available for Sunday. IvanSANER
CoordinatorBritish Naturism From: mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent:
Friday, February 27, 2015 7:45 AMTo: savetheswim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject:
[savetheswim] Re: Weekly Update Kerry,  I'm a member too, not sure how we go
about proxy votes, it might be an idea to ask Mr Mann and or at the office. I'd
ask how to do it from Mr Mann first.  The Gene is out the bag with the motion
being presented for the board.  If you know other members go get them to come
along.  Best   Alan

Sent from my iPad
On 27 Feb 2015, at 07:33, "Litchfield Kerry (NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde)"
<klitchfield@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I am a WB member and will be at the AGM voting against the proposed changes. I
understand we can get proxy votes 'signed' over to us. I am it sure if this is
a physical piece of paper that needs to be signed? Kind regards,
Kerry
On 26 Feb 2015, at 09:33, "Stephen Davies" <steve.davies16@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I also support the Arlington offer .

On Thursday, 26 February 2015, 8:03, Gregor Tassie <gtassie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I am a member of the Western baths and will certainly be speaking against the
boards decision. I have problems with the Arlington as I quit the club 2 years
ago over health and safety issues; showers out of use, steam room dangerous
with rust etc. Of course all this can be fixed. The best option is still the
Western baths. All the best Gregor Tassie

Sent from my Windows Phone
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 17:46:41 +0000
From: d.mclusky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: savetheswim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Am unable to attend at Glasgow swim this week, but I support the Arlington
"offer".  It seems to me to be much better to be welcomed there, than resented
at WBC. Donald