[SAS] Re: awesome star party last night

  • From: Mary Singer <hari@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 11:27:23 -0700

Yes, Great sky! Don't forget M's 51, 81, 82, 101, etc. in various scopes. I
did the "eye test" on a couple of the young people with Alcor & Mizar. One of
them said she could make out the two Cindy's pumpkin bread was great too!
Mary S.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 19, 2015, at 10:48 AM, Nick Monkman <nmonkman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2 dobs, 1 refractor, 2 SCTs and 2 sets of binoculars! 10 - 15 people at
least, possibly more. I managed to knock out the Virgo cluster for my Messier
list. Lots of outreach too as Bryan brought some friends from work.
Highlights: M13 at high power, M42 in an OIII, multiple ISS passes, Io's
shadow on Jupiter, and Markarian's Chain my 8 inch. Good stuff.
More details and pics a little later.
Nick