[sarcmembers] Re: W6AB QSL Information and Questions

  • From: hugh.rafferty@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: sarcmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 18:26:17 +0000

I know Avery is the contest manager, but don't know if he also manages QSLs.

Hugh

From: n6vmo@xxxxxxxxx

Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 10:09:14
To: <sarcmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [sarcmembers] W6AB QSL Information and Questions

During the ARRL VHF Contest last weekend, we noted that many operators
commenting to us on how grateful they were to gather grid CM94.  Our CM94 grid
is a ‘rare one' for many VHF enthusiasts. From this info we concluded that W6AB
will more than likely be receiving many QSL cards to confirm contact to/from
CM94.

With the club gaining membership and operating activity levels increasing, this
situation brought up some discussion on the following:

1.    Is there a W6AB QSL Manager?
a.    Are they tracking progress to achieve awards such as WAS, DXCC, VUCC and
others?

2.    Are W6AB contact logs required and archived?
a.    How does the W6AB QSL Manager verify contacts?

73

John N6VMO